Eyebags and wrinkles get a lot of hate these days, to the extent that you worry about your mental health and want to sign up for online therapy. These are signs of sleeplessness and stress, after all, and a therapist may be able to help get rid of them in time.
If there is a skin problem that therapy cannot possibly resolve, though, that is perhaps the red spots that appear on the face and other body parts. They are usually the results of acne, allergies, rashes, and rosacea, you know. Such dermatological conditions may fade away after a while, but it is hard to tell if they will come back.
Despite that, here are five simple ways to remove red spots on your skin.
1. Tone Down Pimples
Zits are the ultimate cause of red spots for people from all walks of life. They can show up anywhere on the body since there are pores all over you that may get clogged with sebum or dirt. You are lucky if the acne goes away after puberty, considering many still get pimply even during their 20s or 30s.
Now, the pimples worsen when you feel stressed, or they become irritated by chemicals or constant touching. The first solution that you may want to try to overcome that is rubbing minced garlic on the zits. Aside from being a natural antibacterial product, it is abundant in sulfur, which kills the redness.
What To Do
- Wash your skin thoroughly.
- Chop garlic down to small bits.
- When your face is dry, rub the garlic on the affected parts.
- Leave it there for no more than five minutes.
- Rinse the garlic pieces away with lukewarm water.
2. Reduce Skin Inflammation
The skin immediately turns red when it gets inflamed due to things like overexposure to the sun or mosquito bites. It can take place as well when an allergic reaction occurs. Instead of smearing ointment on it, though, you should apply cocoa butter instead.
This substance has phytochemicals that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties by nature. It may slow down skin aging and provide immense hydration too. Assuming you are not prone to acne, you may include it to your beauty regimen.
What To Do
- Obtain cocoa butter from a reputable manufacturer. Make sure that it is organic.
- Cleanse your skin as usual at night.
- Take a tiny amount of the product and rub it gently on the problem spots.
- Don’t touch the treated area again until the morning comes.
3. Exfoliate Acne Scars
Pimples typically leave blemishes behind. What’s worse is that the longer they remained on your body, the deeper and redder the scars will be. To get rid of those, therefore, you need to exfoliate those stains.
One easy way to do that is by combining honey with baking soda. The latter can lighten any darkened area, after all. As for the former, it is a well-known moisturizer and a wound healer.
What To Do
- Wash your face with a gentle soap. It’s best to leave the skin wet for this procedure.
- Prepare a tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of honey. Mix them until you have a paste-like consistency.
- Scrub the mixture on your face to exfoliate both the dead skin cells and the red marks.
- After a few minutes, rinse your face thoroughly.
4. Bleach Red Spots
If you don’t think your skin can handle the exfoliation process, you may try bleaching the red marks with fruits.
A typical product that we can recommend to you is a tomato. When consumed, it releases compounds that may help you avoid cancer or losing collagen quickly. Once applied directly on your face, however, it can minimize pores, reduce oiliness, and brighten unwanted spots.
What To Do
- Grate a tomato to release its juices.
- As if it’s a regular cleansing solution, spread the grated pieces all over the affected areas.
- Let the juices soak into the skin for no more than 20 minutes.
- Wash the tomato off using water only.
5. Help Your Skin Heal
In case your skin became red because of a popped pimple or another issue that left it with an open wound, you ought to let it heal. Otherwise, the condition might worsen if you try any of the tips mentioned above.
To speed things up, you may use coconut oil on the skin. This substance is known not only for its moisturizing effects but also for its soothing properties. Unlike cocoa butter, any skin type can benefit from it as well.
What To Do
- Get rid of any product on the face before bedtime.
- Add a tablespoon (or less) of coconut oil on your palm.
- Rub your hands together to distribute the liquid well.
- Massage both hands on your skin.
- Let the oil stay there for the entire night.
- Rinse the skin as you typically do the next day.
To Sum Things Up
Clearing the red spots on your skin with natural remedies is not difficult. They are practical and cheap – characteristics that most people look for in skin treatments. Feel free to try the tips given above to know which technique can reduce the redness the fastest.