We all want fair and radiant skin. However, there are a lot of factors that can prevent us from achieving that. From pollution and everyday stress up to the things we eat and do, all of these things can affect our skin so negatively. But lucky for us, the dream of having flawless skin is still possible. There are tons of ways you can do even without spending too much.
What we have here is a list of things that you must do and avoid to achieve your desired flawless skin. These tips will give you more knowledge on how to take care of your skin correctly. Do you want to find out what they are? Then read on.
- Drink Lots Of Water
- Yes, you probably heard this a thousand times before, but it actually works. Water flushes out toxins in our body and keeps our skin moisturized. It can also make the skin look brighter and less dry. That’s the reason why we need to drink lots of water every day, especially during the summer season because water quickly replaces the skin’s moisture that has evaporated due to heat. “People vary dramatically in their overall use and secretion of fluid. If it’s 111 degrees and you’re hiking the Arizona desert, you may well want a liter or more fluid each hour. Over a standard day, most of us do okay with three liters. When it’s hot, we need more,” writes Matthew J. Edlund M.D.
- Have 7-8 Hours Of Sleep Every Night
- A scientific study confirmed that a person’s sleeping pattern or habits could affect the state of the skin. It is true that the healthy skin cells rise at night to repair those damaged cells caused by various everyday factors. Not having enough sleep would mean you are not giving your skin cells enough time to fix those damaged ones. You are also making yourself more vulnerable to skin-related issues. “I don’t know anyone — man or woman — who wants to look and feel older than they are. Getting plenty of sleep is one way to help prevent that,” writes Michael J Breus Ph.D.
- Exfoliate Gently
- Exfoliation is a vital part of a skincare regimen. However, it can also damage the skin with its active ingredients. So just exfoliate once a week and lather it on the skin’s surface as gently as possible to avoid skin complications and severe damages.
- Don’t Take Hot Showers
- Hot showers are soothing and essential, especially during cold days. However, they can also be bad for the skin. Hot water removes natural oils and proteins from the skin layers. It also messes with the moisture balance of the skin which will then make it dry or red and irritable.It can also result in dryness.
- Don’t Touch Your Face Too Much
- Touching your face with dirty hands can be the start of having unwanted skin blemishes and other related problems. Unwashed hands are full of bacteria, and these bacteria can cause breakouts. So yes, always remember to wash your hands first before touching your face. Also, leave your pimples alone. There’s a chance you’ll spread the same bacteria that caused them towards other parts of your body.
These are just a few do’s and don’ts that you can follow if you want to have naturally beautiful skin. It’s not impossible. As long as you have discipline and the right knowledge on how to take care of your skin, you will surely get the results you want.